Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Blast From the Past

Then
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Now
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket\



Last night Tony surprised me with tickets to see Silverchair at the Wiltern. I was really excited as I use to love Silverchair, along with various other grunge rock genre bands from the 90s. I wasn't expecting much out of the show, I thought they'll play some old stuff, they're older, more mellow whatever but they were AMAZING! The boys are much more clean cut than in the old days and their newer songs definitely have a more mellow mainstream sound, but they sounded great! And when they played their old stuff it took me right back to the mid nineties at my parents house, listening to Fogstomp on my very large yet so cool portable boom box in my room.

Daniel Johns is truly an amazing performer. He got the crowd totally amped up, was rolling on the ground, jumping in the air, playing guitar with his tongue (the ladies in the crowd were loosing it at this point) laying on the piano playing with his foot. I was truly blown away with how great the show was. I was talking to Tony about how all music genres of the past are coming back. For instance, new wave is huge in the rock genre now, I wonder when someone will bring back the raw, edgy, heavy base/guitar sounds of grunge. I know it sounds nerdy, but I love grunge rock and I can't wait for someone to bring it back. So if anyone is a thinking of starting a grunge rock band, make it happen! I guarantee you will already have one fan!

No comments: