Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Room with a View

So right now I am on a business trip in New York City. I really hate flying so I wasn't too happy about the 6 hour flight to get here but now that I on solid ground and in the city, the trip has been really enjoyable. My company is putting us up at this ridiculously wonderful 5 star hotel right at Central Park, and I don't know how I managed to get put on the 36th floor but I did and have a full view of Central Park and the surrounding NY Skyline.It's AMAZING!

Every time I come back to the room I just stare out the window at the tiny people walking on the sidewalks or I look at out and adjacent buildings and peer into peoples luxurious places that live in these high rises. Since the duration of my stay, I've been people watching a few people that are on similar floors I am on. I noticed one woman who eats dinner very late at a lavish dining room table. She has granite counter tops, modern fixtures and sub zero appliances but she's eaten alone for 2 nights. There is another apartment below where another woman reads every night on her couch surrounded by her two slumbering golden retrievers. I can't imagine how much these places I'm viewing cost to live in, but it must be nice to live that high up. There also seems to be people ice skating every night and every morning on the outdoor ice rink in Central Park even though it's freezing at both of those times of day. I wish I didn't have to go into the NY Office each day so I could continue to see this little glimpses into other peoples worlds. People watching is much better/more interesting from 36 stories up.

No comments: