Monday, June 11, 2007

Office Space

It's the strangest thing.... in my years so far in the corporate world, I have found that the head honchos of any corporation have no etiquette what so ever. At my last job, my monster of a Marketing Director was the biggest slob I have ever met. His shirt was always wrinkled, he chewed with his mouth open, and his desk was always covered with old crusty cookie crumbs. I did not understand how someone with who was making a six figure salary could have such crude behavior, especially one that lived in Japan, a country that has manners and etiquette ingrained into every aspect of the culture!

So today at my current job, it was one of our head honchos last days. In honor of his last day, someone went to Toast and picked up some cupcakes to celebrate his departure. After he did a little speech, a few of us were standing around chatting and he proceeded to reach towards me (at which point I am confused for what he is reaching for) and takes a chunk of my chocolate cupcake with his fingers and then eats it! Who does this?! Even if Tony did that I would be disgusted but someone in management.. come on?! That's like having someone lick your slice of pizza or stick their finger in your jar of peanut butter!!! I don't get it if it was supposed to be an endearing thing... where we are like family and he felt it was okay to do since we are all so "close?" Or maybe it was a "this is my last day so I can do whatever I want thing." Regardless, it was nasty and ruined the appeal of my chocolate cupcake with chocolate sprinkles. I don't even think Lumbergh would have done such a disgrace to Milton! LUMBERGH!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Perfik said...

i know of an executive (who shall remain nameless) at my old corp gig who used to pick at peoples food if it was near his office...i mean like peoples personal lunches that were waiting for them after they finished a meeting...totally rude and gross

Anonymous said...

ewwwwwwww