Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Coachella

Photobucket
This past weekend was my long anticipated weekend at Coachella. So apparently this years festival was brought to you by Ray Ban. Every indie kid and their indie mother was sporting Neon Ray Bans! I have to say I was a bit disappointed as there is usually a variety of crazy outfits to see but this year, every single person there looked identical! The unofficial uniform for girls consisted of the aforementioned Ray Bans, one piece jumpsuits (complete with ass cheeks hanging out) and fanny packs. For guys it was "I look like I'm a member of Vampire Weekend." Although there was a lot of conformity, here are a few of nominees for best original rickdeezalous outfit:
-Guy who made his own assless chap jorts... it takes some balls to wear that in VIP and we all saw them!
-The Gold lamé Superclan - group of kids who strutted around in gold lamé capes
-And finally, who needs a top when I can just wear a bra girl!

I mean, next year I just want to walk up to these people and say.. excuse me "what is it that you do for a living?" Anyway, overall it was a great weekend. We stayed with our crew from last year (Michelle and Matt) at the Renaissance Esmeralda which has killer beds (slept like a baby every night), a killer pool and an even killer breakfast buffet (I get very disappointed when I wake up to find there is no one in my kitchen to make me a custom omelet). We rented mopeds again to ride out to the venue, which was super fun (even though there was a small mishap with Michelle and Matt's key but it's amazing what locksmiths can do these days so it was no sweat off anyone's back). The actual shows were wonderful... I'd have to say that Cut Copy, Hot Chip and Portishead were my favorites, oh and of course Prince but that goes without saying.

My other favorite Coachella moment was when I was trying to help Michelle with a video project for work where she was asking celebrities if they'd flash the peace sign. We spotted my longtime tv crush Scott Speedman (otherwise known as Ben from Felicity) and when we asked if if he'd be down, he slowly said with a pleasant smile "I'm sorry I'm just so fucking stoned right now" which I totally appreciated as it was a friendly and genuine answer.

All in all, another good year and I look forward to next April. Below are a few photos from the festival.

Artsy Fartsy
Photobucket
Coffee Break
Photobucket
Hot Bitches! No literally it was 100 degrees!
Photobucket
Hipsters Climbing the Tent Towers to Watch Hot Chip
Photobucket
It's So Hard to Leave the Esmeralda!
Photobucket

2 comments:

momjeans said...

it sounds amazing, and perhaps one day brad and i can pretend to be hipsters and bring matilda. i will most definitely wear a gold cape.

ah ben! i love him even more...

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

You're telling me you couldn't even request a picture with Ben??? So sad how I still refer to him by that name, but apparently I'm not alone :)